Noise is always there because it comes in different forms. It could be from your neighbor’s loud tv, your family member’s loud conversations from the other room, or the annoying sound of vehicles passing by your house. Although it is normal to hear these things, it is essential to protect yourself from hearing loss because of these unwanted sounds. One way to avoid hearing these noises every day is to use soundproof window plugs.
What Are Soundproof Window Plugs?
If you want to overcome the noises affecting your concentration at work, soundproofing is the best solution. There are several ways to do it, and among them is to use window plugs. Aside from being an effective soundproofing method, it is also cheap and easy to use because of its simple installation. Rather than taking a lot of time and money to install soundproofing, you can easily make your windows silent.
Every soundproofing method he uses has pros and cons. If you are considering installing window plugs, here are the advantages that you can get:
- Easy installation – You don’t have to call a window contractor to install the window plugs because it is simple and easy. This is why soundproofing experts highly recommend it.
- Affordable price – Compared to other soundproofing methods, installing window plugs is more affordable. Not only that, but you can save more money when you choose this method because you don’t have to hire window contractors.
If there are advantages, there are also disadvantages when using window plugs, such as the following:
- Less noise reduction – Although window plugs are cheap, they do not reduce sound as much as other soundproofing methods. It is not ideal if you are dealing with a loud noise.
Window Plugs: What Materials Are They Made Of?
Maybe you are wondering what window plugs are made of? How can they reduce sound? To answer these questions, know that window plugs are not made of the same material, but here are the common ones usually available in the market:
- Aluminum – Window plugs made of aluminum have surface-coated steel; that’s why they can withstand outdoor elements. Not only that, but they do not rust quickly compared to other materials.
- Plywood – Plywood plugs are a popular choice for noise reduction because they are affordable and easy to install. Since they are made of wood, they are a great option if you want to use an earth-friendly choice.
- Polyurethane – This material is used as a cushion to the plywood plugs for additional protection.
- Steel – Window plugs made of steel are highly recommended for outdoor use. This is because it is more weather resistant than other materials.
If you want to reduce the noise in your house or avoid hearing your neighbor’s loud music, soundproofing is highly recommended. But if you are on a tight budget, using window plugs is recommended since they are cheap and easy to install. You don’t have to hire professional contractors because of the method’s simple installation.